You can use this option to place a password on one of your site's directories. Only users that you specify will be able to access this directory.
Here are the steps:
- To access the Directory Access Menu, click on the words "Password Protect Directories" on the main screen of your cPanel interface
- Click on the name of the directory that you wish to protect. You can navigate to a directory by clicking on the icon next to it
- When the new screen appears, click on the box next to the icon to require a password to access the directory
- Type the name that you wish to appear in the login box for the directory in the blank field next to "Protected Resource Name:"
- Place the name of the user you wish to be able to access the directory in the blank field next to "Username:"
- Place the password for that user in the blank field next to "Password:" and click on "Add/Modify" authorized user
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 as necessary to add more users
Troubleshooting: To change a user's password, click on their name, type a new password into the "Password" field, and click on "Change Password."