Requesting EPP from Fused
Following these steps will allow you to get your domain's EPP code from Fused.
- Go to the clients.fused.com client area which can be found here
- Just below "Welcome Back," you should see a box labeled "Domains" with a number identifying the number of domains on your account. Click the box and you will be taken to your "My Domains" page
- From here, identify the domain for which you will be requesting the EPP code
- To the far right of the domain, just beyond "Status," there is wrench icon. Click the wrench and you should now see the management page for your domain
- Now, on the far left side of the screen, you should see a list of pages, of which you are currently viewing "Overview"
- At the bottom of the list reads "Get EPP Code." Simply click there and you should be taken to a new page informing you that your request was successful and that an email containing the EPP code has been sent to the registrant email address for your domain.
Warning: WHOIS Changes
Adjusting your WHOIS contact information will lock your domain for 60 days, without exception, beginning December 1st, 2016. Fused does not have the ability to unlock the domain if a WHOIS change is made.
Limitations on new domains
Note that the domain registration being transferred must not be within 60 days of the original purchase or transfer due to ICANN restrictions.
Also note that Authorization Codes are not required for .bz, .cc,.gd, .im, .tc, .tel, .tv, .vg, and .ws extensions.
Note: Users with .uk emails should disregard this page and visit here for more details.