Transferring Away From Bluehost
- Log into your Bluehost Control Panel
- Click the "Domain Manager" tab
- Click the Domain name to highlight it. The right side will populate with tabs
- Unlock the domain on the "LOCK" tab
- Turn off privacy on the "PRIVACY" tab
- Modify the name servers to point to the new name servers (OPTIONAL) in the "NAME SERVERS" tab. Do not do this unless you are ready for ALL services to point to the new server
- Get the EPP/Authorization Code from the "TRANSFER EPP" tab. You will need this to give to Fused
- Make certain the contact info is up to date with the correct email address on the "CONTACTS" tab for Registrant, Admin, and Billing. The Admin contact gets the email about the transfer
- You will receive an email with an Auth code and a link. Follow the instructions in the email. Blue Host's system should approve your request momentarily
- You can approve the transfer once its all started properly. In the DOMAIN MANAGER, click the domain you are transferring to highlight it
- Click the "TRANSFER EPP" tab and you will have two links if it was started properly. One to approve and one to deny the transfer. If those links are not there, then the other company most likely did not send the transfer request to your email address and it went to the privacy address
Limitations on new domains
Note that the domain registration being transferred must not be within 60 days of the original purchase or transfer due to ICANN restrictions.
Also note that Authorization Codes are not required for .bz, .cc,.gd, .im, .tc, .tel, .tv, .vg, and .ws extensions.
Note: Users with .uk emails should disregard this page and visit here for more details.