Adding an email to the spam whitelist or blacklist
Posted by , Last modified by Ashley L on 22 November 2019 04:57 PM
Accessing the SpamAssassin configuration panel
- In order to change the email whitelist or blacklist for your domain, you will first need to enter the Fused client area here in order to login to your cPanel for the domain
- Once there, you will need to click on "Services" in the blue bar at the top of the page, and select "My Services" from the drop down menu
- This will bring you to a page listing your domains and their service information. On the far right of each domain will be a status indicator which should be green and say "Active." Click on this indicator to continue to the product details page
- From here, you will see a table on the far left of the screen labeled "Actions." Now click the "Login to cPanel" at the top of the table
- Once inside the cPanel, search for "SpamAssassin" in the search bar at the top of the screen and press enter
- Now you should be on the Apache SpamAssassin page. From here, just click the blue "Configure SpamAssassin" button at the bottom of the page
- Once on the configuration page, you may read the instructions there to complete the process
Whitelisting and Blacklisting
- To whitelist or blacklist a specific address, go to the appropriate section (blacklist_from is at the top of the page, whitelist_from is at the bottom) and input and address with the syntax between the quotation marks: "*@example.com". Inputting this into of the five text boxes for whitelist or blacklist will block all mail from this address.
- Keep in mind that the blacklist_from section is to specify addresses which you are currently receiving unwanted mail from, and the whitelist_from section is to specify addresses which are being incorrectly marked as spam.
Although "blacklist_from" is at the top of the page, "whitelist_from," located at the bottom, contains the directions for the syntax for both blacklisting and whitelisting.