To change the name servers for HostGator domain:
- Go to http://register.hostgator.com
- Click on the Manage Domains tab.
- Log in with your billing account email and password to access any domains attached to that billing account. Once logged in, you will see any domains attached to the billing account along with basic information about each domain.
- Click on the desired domain name to get to the Domain Overview which will show more details about the selected domain and provide access to several other functions.
- Click the Name Servers tab from the left-hand menu.
- On the Name Servers page, you can edit the name servers which the domain will point to. Note: The Fused Network shared hosting nameservers are available within your cPanel beneath 'view cloud nameservers'. Each domain name hosted with us will have a unique set of four nameservers you'll need to enter at your registrar.
- Once you have entered your name servers, click Save Name Servers to save your changes. Please remember that name server changes can take 24 to 48 hours to propagate.
When changing nameservers you will be manually repointing the domain. You are responsible for the outcome of these changes. If you have further questions unanswered by this article, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org