How to setup your IMAP email account in Thunderbird
Posted by , Last modified by on 27 February 2013 09:49 AM
- Start Thunderbird and click on "Create a new account". If it's the first time you open Thunderbird you can click directly on "Skip this and use my existing email".
- Input your Name, email address and password then click "Continue". Thunderbird will try to detect the email settings.
- Click on "Manual Config" even if Thunderbird found your email settings.
- You will need to edit your connection settings.
For Incoming using IMAP - for Server hostname you can use either "mail.yourdomain.com" or "s#.fused.com" replacing # with your server number. Your server number is in your Account creation email.
Port: 993 with SSL/TLS and Normal password selected for Authentication.
For Outgoing using SMTP for Server hostname use the same you used for IMAP, either "mail.yourdomain.com or "s#.fused.com" replacing # with your server number.
Port: 25 or 587 with STARTTLS/TLS and Normal password selected for Authentication.
Make sure you always use your full email address for Username. eg: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirm security exception if you set the hostname to "mail.yourdomain.com". You won't be prompted for this if you set it to "s#.fused.com"
You will see a warning message again the first time you will send an email if the hostname for SMTP was set to "mail.yourdomain.com"
Check the attached images for demo setup.